Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Dirty Kale Salad

It has taken me a while to get into eating kale, I know how healthy it is but I just find I can't put too much in the blender before the taste takes over and usually I have a limit to how much I can munch though in a salad...however I love this salad! When I first made it I made a huge bowl with the idea it would last a few meals..and once i started eating it I couldn't stop! The avocado softens the kale wonderfully without any processed oils, and the soy sauce gives a great hearty richness to the salad. You can really play around with this one too.



2 bunches of kale
1 avocado
1/2 a lemon juiced
2 T of Braggs Liquid Aminos (I used soy sauce instead, you may want to use a little less)

Massage all ingredients together for 1-2 min until the avocado is well incoporated. Then top with your choice of nuts and seeds and raisins or sultanas!
I love to toast seasamee seeds, chop up some pecans or wallnuts and chuck in some sultans for a little sweetness! It's so simple but hearty too.


I got the idea from Koya Webb who posted a raw food version on her facebook page (go check her out she is an amazing raw foodist vegan fitness warrior!


No comments:

Post a Comment