Monday, January 3, 2011

Tofu Kebabs with Couscous

This recipe is one of my favourites, passed on to my from my mother. It smells delicious as the kebabs are grilling and tastes just as good. I like to make extra and eat more the next day as its very quick to grill them and prepare the couscous.
The only think you have to be really careful of is testing how hot the chili is before adding it to the blender because not only does the chili seem 10x stronger once pureed but the pineapple also brings out the heat mroe I think, and a few times I've made this almost too hot to eat (and I love chili).

serves 2-4 (depending on how much tofu you put on each skewer)

60mls lemon juice
60mls olive oil or 40ml pineapple juice and 20ml olive oil
60mls soy sauce
1 T tomato puree (not the paste) (This is Australian tablespoon so = 4 teaspoons)
1 green chilli, (seeded, chopped depending on heat)
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp garam masala
pinch of fresh tyme

Combine all ingredients in good processor.

Marinate tofu for at least an hour or overnight.

Thread tofu onto skewers with vegetables and pineapple then grill.

Meanwhile heat remaining marinade and pour over cooked kebabs. Serve with couscous. (For extra flavour cook the couscous with vegie salt/stock.)

No comments:

Post a Comment